New-Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1.Please choose the event category carefully, confirmed registrations are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be modified. Provide us with a secure email ID/mobile no that you can access regularly since this will be our primary means of communication during the run-up to the event.
2.Users of email services that offer filtering/blocking of messages from unknown email address should add this email id email@example.com to their address list.
3.We will be sending regular updates to the Mobile number you have provided in the registration form this should be not treated as spam and you shall not take any action against our bulk SMS service provider.
4.Any notice sent to the email address registered with the organizers shall be deemed as received by the runners.
5.Please fill out only those fields that are necessary for mailing purposes. Do not provide redundant data in multiple fields (i.e., do not list the same data for city, province and country), as this will only complicate our ability to contact you, if necessary.
6.You are aware that running long distance is an extreme sport and can be injurious to body and health. You take full responsibility for participating in the MEPZ RUN MARATHON 2020 event and do not hold the organizing committee or any of its members or entities responsible for any injury / accident/ loss of life.
7.You shall consult your physician and undergo complete medical examination to assess your suitability to participate in the event.
8.You also assume all risks associated with participating in this event including, but not limited to, falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat or humidity, traffic and the condition of the road, arson or terrorist threats and all other risks associated with a public event.
9.You agree that the Organizing Committee of MEPZ RUN MARATHON 2020 shall not be liable for any loss, damage, illness or injury that might occur as a result of your participation in the event.
10.You agree to abide by the instructions provided by the organizers from time to time in the best interest of your health and event safety.
11.You also agree to stop running if instructed by the Race Director or the medical staff or by the aid station volunteers.
12.You confirm that your name and media recordings taken during your participation may be used to publicize the event in future.
13.You may acknowledge and agree that your personal information can be stored and used by MEPZ RUN MARATHON 2020 or any other company in connection with the organization, promotion and administration of the event and for the compilation of statistical information.
14.You confirm that, in the event of adverse weather conditions, major incidents or threats on the day, any of the force major or restriction by authority, the organizers reserve the right to stop/cancel/postpone the event. You understand that confirmed registrations and merchandise orders are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be modified. The organizers reserve the right to reject any application without providing reasons. Any amount collected from rejected applications alone will be refunded in full (excluding bank charges wherever applicable)
15.Runners are recommended to stay off the course beyond the cut-off time considering the safety and traffic regulations.
16.For any reason you cannot turn up on race day, no refund of any form will be given.
17.If this registration is being made on behalf of a minor, I confirm that I am the parent/guardian of the child and that he/She has my permission to take part in the event. I further concur that all the above rules shall apply to him/her as if he were a major.
18.Participants must personally appear for collecting the running Bibs. Bibs can be distributed in-absentee with the written consent of the registered runners. We request total co-operation from runners in this regards.
All Mepz Run participants must wear an official Bib number on the front of their body, pinned to their outer layer of clothing. Numbers must be fully visible at all times (not cut, folded or obscured). Runners who run without their bib properly attached and displayed, risk not having their finish time and split times recorded and not being listed in the results.
• Request runners to run on the left side of the road for safety and watch out for the on-coming traffic and stray animals.
• Request Half Marathon runners to wear the reflective arm bands throughout the run provided by the organizers for your safety.
• If you are running with a minor, the safety of the minor runner lies with their parents/ co-runner. MEPZMA will not be responsible for any mishap.
• The route is mix of flat and other mixed terrains. Runners need to be mindful of these terrains and take care of themselves. MEPZMA will not be responsible for any mishap.
• You may bring your warm-pre race clothes to the start of the marathon.
• To identify your bag, write your bib number with a marker in the visible location on your bag. Do NOT place anything of value in your bag, especially car keys or cell phones. The MEPZMA is not responsible for lost items. Before the start of the race, hand your bag to a volunteer at the MEPZMA office.
• After completing your run, claim your bag, from the same location where you have deposited it.
• There will be 12 aid stations staffed by volunteers.
• Each aid station will have water, fruits, & medical personnel. Electrolytes will be available in few of the aid-stations outside MEPZ premises to support 10K & 21.1K runners. Toilets are available at the start point and the back exit gate of MEPZ Premise.
• There will be two trash bins right after the aid stations. Kindly make sure to use these to maintain MEPZ & the running route clean and neat.
• Monetary awards are determined by gun time and the lead bike marshals will be the judges, consulted in case of discrepancies or disputes with a 3-day time lapse.
• An awards ceremony will be held at the MEPZ Run finish line to honor the winners & runner-ups overall male and female finishers (only for open category) at approximately 8 am. Those in contention for the awards need to stay back after their run at the stage area – volunteers would guide these individuals. Winners need to show their ID cards and Bib to collect the cheque.
• The winners of the veteran category will be announced during the week post the event and cheque/ fund transfer of the prize money will be made to them.
• Hot & healthy south Indian breakfast would be provided to all participants who show their running Bibs.
• Please visit the mepzrun.com page for additional information.